Help Women+ in Physics start a library for our department!
Nearly every college course has a required textbook, and new scientists usually read their way through a truckload of books and papers before they graduate, but this presents an enormous expense that students often can't afford. That's why this year, Women+ in Physics is creating a department library dedicated to the physics students of MSU. Your donation will go towards the purchase of math and physics textbooks, reference books, relevant background reading for our researchers and literature about diversity in science.
When it becomes safer to study in groups on campus again, this library will be located in Barnard Hall, the home of MSU's Physics Department. Our goal for this library is to provide the students of this department with easy, free and reliable access to the books they learn from every day.
Our list is up to 30 books, including (but not limited to!) the following common physics texts:
- The Art of Electronics, Horowitz & Hill
- Classical Mechanics, Taylor
- Fundamentals of Statistical and Thermal Physics, Reif
- Introduction to Electrodynamics, Griffiths
- An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics, Carroll & Ostile
- Mathematical Methods in the Physical Sciences, Boas et al.
- Optics, Hecht
- Quantum Mechanics: A Paradigms Approach, McIntyre et al.