Why Students Support the Renovation
In 1990, a group of students were inspired to create MSU's first Student Memorial in response to the tragic loss of two fellow students. This Memorial was–and still is–intended to commemorate the lives of students who passed away before graduating. Despite the fact that thousands of people walk by the Memorial every day, most do not even know that the Student Memorial exists. This is because the space around the Memorial itself is closed off and hidden away.
Over the last four years, the ASMSU Senate has been dedicated to finding a way to transform the space around the Student Memorial into one that fosters awareness and accessibility, without changing the original Memorial pillars. We’ve finalized our design but need your help to make this renovation a reality! We are counting on you to help us reach our goal of raising $40,000.
There are five key reasons that we think this renovation is important now:
- The renovation will transform the Memorial into a meaningful public space.
- This renovation will help to better commemorate and celebrate our Bobcats and their families.
- In the spirit of health and wellness, this renovation serves to bring awareness to the deaths of students and show that we care.
- This renovation opens up a new opportunity to showcase outdoor student artwork.
- We have been dedicated to this renovation for four years. It's time we turned our vision into a reality.
We greatly appreciate your donation to this project. Truly, we cannot bring this project to fruition without your support and encouragement. Thank you.
For more information, please reach out to the Student Memorial Committee at email@example.com.
Read this article about our project published by the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.